Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Just feeling a little blue.

So its been a long time since I've updated the blog. Alissa and Jasper are keeping me busy and I have very little time to update or do anything that hasn't involved the kids. But lately I've been looking online trying to decide what to do for Jasper's first birthday and it has had me thinking a lot about how it would be Kimball's 3rd birthday. I can't believe its already been almost 3 years since i held him in my arms and since we had to lay him to rest. I have also had Alissa telling me she is forgetting things about Kimball and it is making her sad. I just don't know what to say or do to help her. I guess the toughest thing I had to deal with lately was Alissa told me she is forgetting what Heaven is like and wanted to know if she could go back. I had to tell her NO you can't go back I would miss you to much. I love how sweet she is and am amazed by her way of thinking. I don't know what I would do if she left me, and I don't want to think about it. I love my kids and I'm so glad I have them in my life to keep me busy on the bad days. I know we are truly blessed to have them in our lives. I'm hoping that July doesn't bring up to many of the bad memories and I can truly remember all of the great memories we had with our baby. I also hope Jasper's first birthday goes off without a hitch.

4 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

Alissa sounds like she is very sweet and comprehends a lot for one so young. I'm so impressed that she remembers Heaven at all. Neither of my boys have ever made any comments to make me think that they remember, but I have heard of other children saying things. I hope the celebration for Jasper goes wonderful and that you can enjoy the month and think of the happy memories associated with Kimball.

Soylent Green said...

Tracy- I would feel blue too, and I would also find it hard to know what to say to Alissa. But can I just say one thing? I think you are amazing. You are strong in your testimony, in being a wife, and as a mother. I am sure that you will always have a tender spot in your heart for Kimball, and that is okay, and expected. I just hope that time, and the spirit will help pick you up when that spot becomes hard to bear. We love you guys! We think you are wonderful.

Ben and Cortney said...

By the way soylent green is us! Love you!

Kelley Gubler said...

hey, I didn't know you had a blog! saw ya on kevin and eliza's. you're kids are so cute and getting so big. i'm sad paige and alissa won't be in kinder together. i'm sorry for the hard time you're going through right now. i can only imagine. my heart goes out to ya. i think you're doing an amazing job and amazing job teaching your children. hang in there.